Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tutus and Baby Steps

During this rainy day in Montgomery, there really isn't much to do. Mommy managed to run in the Jubilee City Fest's 8K race in the rain. While at the race, Grandbo and Daddy took care of me like champions taking blood, giving shots and feeding breakfast.

When Mimi and Mommy arrived home with breakfast, I was down for a nap but not for long. After getting up from a nap, I opened a gift from Mimi and Grandbo. And this is what I got...



Following the tutu excitement while mommy was away, I decided to take two very small steps. So then throughout the rest of the morning, everyone tried so hard to get me to take some more steps independently. After much encouragement, I took TWO BIG STEPS by myself and then proceeded to cheer for myself like only I can do. Later on before lunch I increased my step count to THREE!


Mommy giving a pep talk about walking.


As the rain continues to fall, we will continue to encourage Samantha Grace to put "one foot in front of the other". Maybe the cats at Cecile's will encourage her more tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment