Friday, May 29, 2009

5 and counting...

I am taking a detour for my entry today. (Details you will see below.) I do ask for prayers for Samantha Grace though because we have had another up/down day. We believe that her body, despite some early week beliefs, is still going through the honeymoon phase. Her pediatrician watched her this evening (HUGE THANK YOU WITH LOTS OF HUGS!!) and stated that she would be making contact with our B-ham doctor about her numbers and where we should go from her. After all, as she mentioned, it has only been 3 weeks (tonight) that we were even in the hospital for the first time. Anyways...before I digress too far let me allow you enjoy a bit of change in the literary scenery from The Dukes of 3.

A week from today Joshua and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that 5 years have already past. In reality, we have been together for almost 10 years!


(Our Trip to Lithuania in 2007)

I can remember when you would date someone in high school how you would think that 1 month was a long time. Wow! How your perspective changes...

I bring this up tonight because Joshua and I just returned from a rehearsal dinner where we laughed until our sides hurt. It all brought back memories as I watched the bride and groom saunter from table to table making sure everyone was pleased with their dinner, entertainment, etc. I seem to continually notice how nervous the bride appeared to be, yet she moved with such grace and poise throughout the room.

I, however, remember being a nervous wreck to some extent. I am always worried about pleasing everyone yet trying to constantly remind myself that you can't please everyone at all times. I am continually reminded of this each and every day of my life no matter how hard I try. Despite all of the nerves, I remember how excited I was about my wedding, but more importantly about our marriage.

I have to say from my own personal vantage point I have enjoyed all of ups and downs of these past five years. I have learned more about being a wife, mom and just an adult than I could ever have imagined. I love my husband more and more each day for qualities that I knew about and new ones that I discover each day.

Joshua, for those who might not know him, is the most patient man I have ever met. He always has a positive outlook on things and even if he doesn't, at times, he will find something positive about it. And as I have noticed through the years (and his dad reminds me of often) no matter if Joshua has been through an experience a million times, the most recent of those experiences will be, and I quote, "The Best Ever!"

In our five years of marriage, we have seen, beyond just these past few weeks, God work in miraculous ways. He has not only grown us closer to each other but more importantly closer to Him. Just ask Joshua about where we started someday...

I honestly know that God had a Honda Del Sol waiting for me Labor Day weekend in 2000 with Joshua as the driver for a very important reason. Though we did not start dating for months later, I know that He had planted a seed that day. May God continue to receive all glory and honor each and every day of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment