Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Merry-Go-Rounds

MID-AFTERNOON UPDATE
No adjustments to medications; however, we have to hunker down on her dietary needs due to teething issues. We are not getting enough to eat at times to compensate for the intake of insulin. We will be making more dietary adjustments this week not medication.

How many of you enjoyed riding the merry-go-round as a child? I have to admit that I still enjoy the merry-go-round today. I love the peaceful serenity of the ride, yet the excitement of trying to get the golden ring as you pass by. Much like a horse on a merry-go-round, I have felt like the past few weeks has been going up and down, up and down...
Today has been a day of ups and downs. Let me explain...
The Ups
* Seeing Samantha Grace's continual smiles throughout the day
* The wonderful support from my extraordinary husband
* Continual praise of each day that the Lord has made

The Downs
* Samantha Grace is not eating well due to cutting 3 teeth, which is directly affecting her blood sugar levels
* Constant worry about Samantha Grace's health when she enters lows/highs
* Still trying to put my grasp around all of this "disease"

I am currently waiting on a call back from the doctor after calling in our weekly blood glucose readings. The nurse assured me that some medicine levels would probably change due to still some variance in the numbers. Although, I must say they have come a LONG way in just two weeks. My continual #1 prayer request is for a cure from diabetes. I pray every night that God would transfer any and all pain that Samantha Grace might feel during any part of the day to me. I cannot fully explain how much it pains me to watch/listen to her be in any form of pain that I know is caused from lows/highs in her blood sugar.

Finally, I ask that any of our friends who live in Montgomery or even any where in the United States and are members of Costco, to visit Costco before the end of May and make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network. All proceeds raised by your Costco go directly back to the closest Children's Hospital in your city. Trust me you will never know if you will ever need the assistance of a Children's Hospital. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be spending any time at our Children's, but it was because of their actions that Samantha Grace is with us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment