Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Night

I cannot express how glad we are to be home. As soon as we arrived home, Samantha Grace proceeded to empty ALL of her toys in the living room. Later on in the evening, we didn't hear any noise coming from the living room, so we quietly went into her bedroom where we found her "reading" her books. She was completely back in her element.

Joshua and I enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner full of laughter and fun with our wonderful pediatrician. The meal tasted extra special because I didn't have to make it!

Samantha Grace enjoyed taking a bath in her own tub. (I am ashamed to admit that she hadn't had a bath in over a week despite having her IVs out for two days prior to coming home.)I truly think where before she would cry if I would dump water on her head to wash her hair she no longer does because she thinks, "Hey, this is nothing compared to what I have been through."

Her blood sugar levels have been BEAUTIFUL in our eyes since being home. Even her 2 AM check, which was consistently high at the hospital, was in a range where I didn't have to give her any extra insulin. Praise the Lord!

Today we are enjoying getting back into a new "normal" routine including shopping trips, eating out, etc. We continue to be blessed by all our fellow friends and family. We cannot thank you enough! This truly is a journey that has been covered, and will continue to be, in prayer. As we are learning more about how serious Samantha Grace's condition was exactly one week ago today, we are learning that it was ONLY by God's merciful hand that she made it from Thursday night into Friday.

I leave you with a link to a song that truly helped Joshua and I get through this past week. The title of the song is When Trials Come by Keith and Kristyn Getty. (You might be familiar with them from the song "In Christ Alone"

I hope that the lyrics bless you as they have us!

P.S. Happy 13th Month Birthday Samantha Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment