Saturday, June 6, 2009

Viva La Renaissance

O.k. So we just returned from one of the best anniversary trips since our honeymoon. We didn't venture far just to downtown Montgomery for a night at the Renaissance Hotel. Extremely nice!

Our dear friend Kim and Cecile kept little SG for the evening (even with Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease what champs!). So my mind was at much ease. The biggest thing I was worried about which continues to be somewhat an issue are her eating habits. However, the reduced amounts of insulin are helping her blood sugar levels for now. Praise the Lord we have not had any huge issues with fever for the past 2 days!

Daddy and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and late appetizers/desserts. I felt like we were dating again since we ate so late. We saw the newest Night at the Museum, which we both highly recommend to older children, teens and adults. There were a couple of scenes that were not appropriate in our minds for children under the age of 8. We then enjoyed some very fattening appetizers and desserts to top off the evening.

We both woke up this morning refreshed and wondering why we were getting up at 7:30. But my wonderful husband was not done with the surprises yet. I was then treated to a massage and day at the spa. Now if any one in Montgomery has not tried out the spa at the Renaissance I highly recommend it! After my relaxing massage, the entire family got to enjoy the roof top pool for hours on end. We did not return home until almost 3 PM. Samantha Grace loves the pool! It took everything I had to keep her in my arms. She is a little fish. (Caron I think those swim lessons would have been useful to us.)

Needless to say SG and I will be returning to the spa/pool very soon! We loved it! Hopefully this time I will remember my camera.

Finally, I ask that you continue to pray for a clearing of the hand-foot-mouth disease and a return of her appetite. I think once the soars in her mouth clear then we will be back to eating well again but until then it is still a struggle. I also pray for a smooth transition of her blood sugar levels once we return to the "normal" dosages of insulin.

I sign off today with a verse written in a sweet card from a new friend:

For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you. -Isaiah 41:13

1 comment: