Thursday, June 11, 2009

In Her Shoes

In Her Shoes is one of my favorite "girly" movies. I have to say that I am a strong Cameron Diaz follower when it comes to "Chick Flicks" and I absolutely LOVE shoes. If I could have as many shoes as Cameron's "sister" in the movie had I don't know what I would do besides stand and stare in my closet for minutes on end trying to decide which shoes to wear. Fortunately I do not have this problem; however, I think that Samantha Grace is going to have this problem soon...

Yesterday Samantha Grace added to her ever growing shoe collection with a fancy new pair of New Balance tennis shoes from our sweet friend Peggy. She refused to put on the shoes at the store, but our "Aunt" Phyllis finally got her left foot to relax and SG proudly sported her new shoes!

Side Note:She has a tendency to curl tightly her feet when putting on shoes. I partially blame myself because I haven't pushed the shoe thing until I found out that she has to wear them at school next year.

SG was especially excited when she discovered that her new kicks made a loud sound on hardwood floors. So "Aunt" Phyllis and Cecile sang "If You're Happy and You Know It" over and over (the verse about stomping feet) allowing her to make her shoes bang on the floor. She thought it was a riot!

The funniest thing, though, was watching her try to crawl and walk with her shoes one. She found that crawling Crab Style was the best option. When walking she would, at first, pick up her feet really high. My marching band friends would call this the "high-step march". After a while, I am told, she finally returned to regular steps.

Needless to say, I think that we are finally "off and running" with the whole walking idea. I hope to have some more video with a further walking trip soon.

On Another Note:I had a great conversation with the nurses in Birmingham today. There were not any drastic changes to medications/diet this week. We did lower her evening dose of insulin due to the lack of dinner appetite; however, I think this one is going to come back and bite us because she ate like a horse tonight! You never know!

We all enjoyed a fun evening at Shakespeare Park. Daddy and SG strolled around the park looking at all the variances in duck/goose/swan/chicken species (those of you from Montgomery understand this) and playing in the fountain in front of the theatre. Imagine large bouts of small child's laughter and splashes! I think if Daddy had let her, she would have gone "swimming" in the fountain. Mommy and "Aunt" Carolyn went for a very hot jog around the park enjoying the beautiful day that God had blessed us with today.

Today has been a GREAT day and all credit is given to our Loving Lord!

P.S. Pictures of SG's stylin' shoes will be coming soon! She went to catch some much needed ZZZ's before I could get the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment