Tuesday, July 7, 2009

These are the People in Your Neighborhood


There is a song from Sesame Street that talks about the different people that live in your neighborhood. When I was thinking about a title for today's post, this song kept ringing in my head. It could be the never ending "Kiddie Songs" that ring through our house at various times of the day or it might be...stand back...the creative juices in my head at work again.
(WARNING: With my brain in full operation dangerous things are bound to occur! Just kidding!)

Last night, we had the pleasure of meeting some new friends while getting together with some "old" friends here in our own neighborhood. (Hence the title.) Our new friends were from Columbia, Tennessee, so Josh and I already had an instant connection. One member of this family, Mark, had attended medical school with Dr. M and his wife, Tina, was an avid runner like myself. They had brought a lot of entertainment with them to Dr. M's house...5 children! Samantha Grace was in hog-heaven, especially with little Emery and Liam. (Sorry Tina if I misspelled their names.)

We all then enjoyed a scrumptious dinner and some fun pool time. SG had never seen children jump off the diving board like the kids were doing. It was so nice to sit around the pool edge, chit-chat with Dr.M and Tina while the Daddies played with, to borrow a phrase, the Many Small Children.

I enjoyed a morning run with Tina this morning. We battled what felt like 99% humidity for about a 6 mile run. Did I mention that Tina is about 20 weeks pregnant? (She is definitely a woman after my own heart!) We discussed possibly getting together the next time we head "up north" to Franklin for at least dinner with the families.

I have to say a special thanks to Dr. M for having us over for dinner and for having such awesome friends! We all had a blast! Now I must return to my Dr. Mommy roll for it seems as though we are battling a nasty little fever again...

Happy Tuesday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment