Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me! Monday: Singin' in the Rain


Okay, so it has been awhile since I have done one of these...almost 2 months to be exact. But after today's events and some of the events of this past week I just couldn't resist.

So to start off, after not having rain for almost a month in Montgomery, I so did not strip my little precious package down to her diaper and let her play in the rain or even the mud in the garden. I most definitely did not catch it on tape too! (Yes, the video has commentary because I was so not talking to her Daddy on the phone at the same time.)



After noticing the tendencies of the heavy traffic through the kitchen, I so did not mop the kitchen floor 3 times in one day. No one can be that OCD about a kitchen floor. Plus Daddy did not tell Mommy to just sweep it and let it go. That's what 2 type-A, first-born personalities will do for you.

Following a very long and exhausting morning with SG, I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT go to a friends pool, by myself and read a "People" magazine cover-to-cover before returning home. I wouldn't want to fill my mind with that meaningless business. Mommy should be reading books by Piper, Dobson, etc. Right?!

I so did not turn the stereo up really loud and listen to some of my "old school" favorites every time I was in the car by myself. How could someone call that therapy? Such childish behavior...

Finally, this past weekend I unplug the television to prevent little hands from repeatedly turning it on & off. And then forget to tell Daddy what I had done and come home to find the bag of batteries gone through and the entertainment center pulled from the wall. (Daddy did agree that I had done the smart thing though.)

1 comment:

  1. When I saw your post title I had to visit because we just had our first rain after months and months. I just knew you were in Montgomery TX--until I scrolled down and saw the info about AL, guess y'all are dry too. I so would love to read a People at the pool. I did read a few pages of Christian Chick Lit today at McDonalds while my boys ran wild but it wasn't the same...

    I love the battery thing. I would have never heard the end of that one!

    ReplyDelete