Wednesday, July 1, 2009

All in a Days Work

Well, I tried very hard to get Samantha Grace to write today's posting, but she quickly told me that she needed to take care of all her babies instead of writing today. At least now she knows what Mommy goes through every day!

Samantha Grace and I have enjoyed a very relaxing, catch-up on house work Wednesday. (I was even able to catch a few afternoon ZZZ's since Josh and I had a long night with SG last night...darn teeth.)After some nap time, SG decided that she, her new baby (still taking name suggestions) and her other baby doll needed to have a "window seat" in the kitchen. Following Samantha Grace's strategic placement of her dolls on the window, she promptly started pulling on my pant leg and pointing to the ledge.

I carefully place her with her dolls on the ledge and this is what resulted...


Yesterday, Samantha Grace and I needed to get some outside yard work done while Daddy was at work (aka, pulling weeds and any heat belabored plants). Well, Samantha Grace had some other agendas while we were outside, which included an incident that I think every kids goes through at some point or another...eating dirt. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, SG ingested a large handful of dirt and was eagerly going for a second before I stopped her. She also enjoyed a stroll (with shoes on) in the grass but was not a big fan of sitting in the grass. The texture is still a little strange to her, but I can't say as I blame her.

Daddy and I also thank our special friends for some quality couple time yesterday afternoon. It was much needed and very much appreciated. Unfortunately, SG decided not to nap yesterday afternoon; however, it did result in sleeping in until 9:00 AM!

Today, trying to beat the crowds and the heat, we are heading to one of SG's favorite sites in Montgomery...the Zoo. Happy early 4th to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment