Thursday, April 2, 2009

solid stance squat

A couple of days ago Joshua unveiled to me that Samantha Grace stood on her own while holding a paper box lid over her head. I have to admit that I just didn't believe him because almost two days have gone by and I have yet to see this mild ston occur. So this morning after I got my little Wonder Woman dressed, I noticed that she had taken the perfect squat position next to her wipe box. Then with what Herculean strength she could muster she attempted the same trick she did with the paper box; however, I have to say that the wipe box played an awful trick...it was full! So she went backwards on her bumm much like if you were holding onto a door knob when someone was trying to keep you out of some place and then all of the sudden they let go.

So I decided to try an experiment. I got an empty wipe box out of her closet and traded her for a much lighter load. She loved teasing me with the several attempts of picking up the box...such a joker!

However, she wasn't finished yet. After leaving abruptly from the box lifting event, she moved on to the basket-o-toys event. At this venue, she proceeded to balance herself on some shape matching game we have for her then let go! I was so proud, but where was that silly video camera. Oh, yeah, on the charger.

Off to the charger I went while praying that this event could occur again. As I entered the room, Josh tried so hard, bless his heart, to get her to do it again. Finally after much coaxing we were ready to give up and just wait for another opportune moment. That was until Samantha Grace was persuaded by Green Bucket to try once more. This time she stood proudly for a grand total of probably 3 seconds, looked around in utter shock then gracefully sat back down. OH! Did I forget to tell you that I caught it on camera this time! (A post will come as soon as Josh downloads the video.)

Another praise today is that Stellan has had a wonderful night and day thus far. He has been out of SVT for over 15 hours. Continue to lift him up in prayer and follow his story on his site www.mycharmingkids.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment