Thursday, April 9, 2009

All Hands On Deck


So when we thought the pouring rain was over, Satan threw us another curve ball. This time "attacking" our precious little one. Samantha Grace has had a running nose for almost 2 weeks now, but earlier this week (around Sunday) she started this cough that sounded like she had congestion in her throat/lungs. I didn't really think much of it because I knew that we were cutting teeth at the same time.

Well, Wednesday night while I was at church practicing for Easter Sunday, Samantha Grace got sick twice at Cecile's house. I was so embarrassed, yet concerned because this was another symptom to add to our list. However, we had been lucky thus far with no fever. So upon hearing of the vomiting I called the best pediatrician in Montgomery and described her symptoms. She told us to watch her overnight and to immediately put her on the BRATT diet.

Samantha Grace slept through the night somewhat restfully. She would have coughing fits that would wake me in my sleep because I didn't know if she was going to be able to catch her breath. That is when I decided enough was enough. I called our doctor in AM to notify her that we were coming. Then I thought it was over again because we ran into another glitch of getting to the doctor, but thanks to my AMAZING husband it all worked out.

I am so thankful for Joshua giving up time at work because the visit was very insightful. We found out that we have fluid in the lungs and if we had waited until next Friday for her 1-year check-up we might have a much more serious case on our hands. We are still to monitor her breathing and the progression or, hopefully, regression of her coughing. She is on some very strong antibiotics and still hanging onto the BRATT diet.

Oh...And the nasty FEVER has poked through. We ran a 100 temperature tonight, which is high for us because we never run a fever. So monitoring we will do. Please pray that all will clear up because if the fluid continues to build then that could trigger more vomiting and eventually lead to pneumonia. NOT FUN!

Did I mention that she will be turning 1 on Tuesday, April 14 and we are supposed to celebrate her birthday with friends and family on Saturday? Please pray for improvement of health. I am really concerned about Samantha Grace.

P.S.During the time I have written this blog she has had 3 coughing attacks...not good.

1 comment: