Saturday, April 25, 2009

Get 'er done!

This weekend Samantha Grace and I have been spending time with Joshua's parents in Nashville. We are having a lovely time! I have done something that I never thought I would do before for the danger in my mind. I went riding on a motorcycle with my father-in-law. It was beautiful! The country side of Nashville is so gorgeous! (Josh, I think that I have found us our LAND.)

Samantha Grace, as you all can imagine, has been spoiled beyond belief. I have to admit though that I did have to use a small dosage of Benadryl in order to make sure that she slept well last night due to being thrown off course during our travels on Thursday. She slept beautifully!

Today, Saturday, my wonderful in-laws woke extra early to tote me to the starting line of the 10th Anniversary of the Country Music Marathon! I was a little nervous because the last time I had ran this type of distance was almost 2 years ago prior to getting pregnant with Samantha Grace. Luckily, I caught up with an old friend from Louisville prior to the start of the race. She and I ran the entire race together! (Thank you Sarah! ) It was great to have a talking buddy because the heat was quite an issue from about mile 4 until the end of the race. Even though I was only running the 1/2 marathon, I know that my body could not have taken the full with the weather conditions today.

However, I don't doubt that next year I will return for a full 26.2 miles! More fun is to come this weekend. We will soon be heading to the the Main Street Festival in downtown Franklin for food, fun and fellowship! Then we will be celebrating my father-in-law's 55th birthday!

I will post pictures of the weekend soon! Love to all my friends in Montgomery...we miss you all much!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the half! It was a hot one today - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete