Friday, April 17, 2009

1 Year and Growing

Today Joshua and I took Samantha Grace for her one year check-up. I have to say that I really wasn't looking forward to going back to the doctor since we had just been there a week ago with her chest issues. By the way, those seem to be clearing to some extent. We still have a really nasty cough, especially if we get really excited, hot or try to shove too much food in our mouth at once. We know that the "bug" is still in her system due to her lab work today with elevated white blood count.

ANY WAYS...Back to the main subject. I was a proud mommy today because Samantha Grace stood by herself on the big girl scale. But I have to say I was kinda disappointed when the numbers popped up on the scale...16 lbs. 1 oz. That is only a gain of just over 9 oz. in 3 months. After all the food that she eats only 9 oz. But the good news was that we grew almost 4 inches to a height of 30 inches. We are truly a bean poll.

Samantha Grace was a champ at the finger prick! She didn't even cry. I thought the poor nurse was going to squeeze her little hand to death though because it was just coming out drop-by-drop. Now the shots on the other hand were a different story. We did not enjoy the shots in the arms at all. I also have never seen someone bleed so much after her shots.

I have to say from a mommy's perspective I am so glad that this round of shots was not that bad at all. We didn't have any fevers in our legs and she stayed in good spirits all day! I think she is also growing up in the fact that she is starting to push towards only one nap a day. I think this is going to be more of a growing up process for mommmy. I got so spoiled with the times of quiet.

I continue to ask for prayers that Samantha Grace will continue to grow in God's image and strength. We are still overcoming the "leftovers" of the fluid in the lungs and still have a small amount of fluid behind our right ear. Joshua and I continue to thank God of how blessed we are to have such a healthy and beautiful little girl. We also ask that you pray for baby Stellan

I will be posting pictures soon of our little one's newest adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment