Friday, March 27, 2009

Carnegie Hall here we come...

As most of you who know my husband and I can imagine, Samantha Grace LOVES music. I mean she even "boogies" to the Free Credit Report.com commercials that come on television. The other day she and I were at Target trying to pick out a birthday card for daddy, and she would just stand up in the cart and start dancing. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I finally saw these three little kids with their grandmother looking at those cards that play music. Samantha Grace can also hear music in a store long before Josh or I can and usually 9/10 times can be rocking to the correct beat. Well, since I teach piano privately from and home and at church, she is constantly hearing that noise. So as she has gotten older it is becoming increasingly difficult to teach from the home. Because she thinks each time someone is playing that it is also her turn to play with them. Therefore, the other day she was wanting to sit at the piano bench by herself and play. (Of course, I stood close by to oversee her every move.) She sat down, turned around to face the keys, didn't move the music that I had been playing from earlier in the day, points to the music and then begins to play. Presumably getting bored with just sitting and playing, she decides to stand, sort of, and play. Then once she held her hands up, signaling to me that she wanted down, she proceeded to creep back over to the piano and blindly play the keys from a standing position. This is all to wonder...do we have a possible musical prodigy on our hands. Well, of course, Josh and I would love to think so, but we are trying our best not to force it upon her. We have dreams of her playing cello someday, but I have to admit deep down inside I do hope she takes up some type of athletic activity. All this is to say that Carnegie Hall might be on our short list very soon....that is our short list in our dreams of course. Until then, "There's a sweet, sweet sound in [our] ears..."

No comments:

Post a Comment