Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Grateful Heart

Today, like most days, I realized how genuinely blessed I am. For some reason, only known to God, I have had a HUGE peace come over me today about some major decisions that Joshua and I are in the midst of making. At times over the past month, things have seemed quite overwhelming and I didn't know if we would ever have a light at the end of the tunnel. But today thanks to a wonderful friend, I was able to spend 4 1/2 hours to myself cleaning my house and spending some much needed quiet time with the Lord.

I know...I know... cleaning house does not usually sound like a fun chore, but to me it is something that is very therapeutic and a great time for me to talk to Jesus. I know that it is Him that keeps me focused on one room at a time; otherwise, I would be like a caged animal running from corner to corner not knowing where to begin and/or end. (I guess my husband is right in saying that I am an undiagnosed case of ADD.)

After the house was cleaned and the sweet smell of clean floors and freshly dusted furniture permeated throughout the house, I took a LONG shower and just sobbed with tears of joy. I was over come with thankfulness. So I just want to take this brief moment to thank my dear friends, you know who you are, who have helped me over the past week! Thanks to your generosity I have a clean house, a loved (and spoiled) little girl, and the best husband in the world!

I think the Lord has put a new meaning of THANKSGIVING in my heart today. And I am eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment