Monday, February 16, 2009

Clap, Clap, Pat, Pat..

So this weekend we dove into our new grand adventure with Samantha-Grace. We entered the world of Gymboree Play and Music. For those of you who are familiar with KinderMusik it is much like this mixed with a mommy-and-me gymnastic class. Needless to say with all of the activity that Samantha-Grace has been displaying lately it is right up her alley. When we arrived, much to our surprise, the owner had signed us up for the wrong level, but this did not bother Samantha-Grace one bit. The age range of the children was from 16 - 22 months, and we had just graced the surface of 10 months on Valentine's Day. We walked into the room and her eyes became like blue headlights. I do believe the word overstimulated became true for just a few brief moments. She crawled into the middle of the floor and plopped right down to "observe" her surroundings and this one little girl who we will call M. M was quite vivacious. She even came over during part of the class and plopped herself almost right on top of Samantha-Grace in order to sit in my lap. Samantha-Grace looked up at me with those heart melting blue eyes with the response of, "Mommy please help me!" Needless to say M never really made it full onto Samantha-Grace's lap, but I very gently moved her over to my opposite knee where she remained for the introduction time. Once warmed-up, Samantha-Grace was on the move. Her favorite thing to do was to climb up the slides and play peek-a-boo at the top of the slide with these flower shaped holes. Following our jungle gym excitement, we joined with the others in the group with one of her other favorites...MUSIC!! Who would have guess that Josh and I would have a musical child. But the best gift that Josh and I received on Valentine's Day was not from each other but from Samantha-Grace. As we sat singing songs, she took it upon herself to show us that she knows how to clap. I have to say that I definitely had a mommy gushy moment. I felt like I wanted everyone in the class to stop and take a moment to watch this new milestone that we had reached. But I resisted.
Hopefully before the end of the day I will have a video posted for you all to enjoy of our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment